Welcome Chrisney Formosa!
We're super excited to welcome our new Multi-Res and F&B design lead, Chrisney Formosa, to the growing team at Open Architecture Studio!
Chrisney joins us from Plus Architecture, and brings with her a wealth of experience across a variety of sectors including student accommodation, multi-residential, hospitality, industrial, commercial and aged care. She is extremely well versed in the early planning and legislative stages of a project and has a passion for working closely with clients and consultants to provide innovative planning and design solutions. She is also an organised and capable project lead having led teams for many successful projects.
“It's great to start the new decade with fresh challenges and opportunities at Open Architecture Studio - I'm really looking forward to exploring new community typologies, design approaches, and advanced digital technologies with the team!”
Passionate about design and how design can impact human emotion and behaviour, Chrisney is interested in both the practice and theory of architectural ornamentation or lack thereof. She hopes to develop an understanding of how well curated, honest and thoughtful architecture can effect human behaviour (both physically and mentally).
In 2016 Chrisney started a student design competition in conjunction with Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane Development and Plus Architecture. As an annual offering, the competition was developed to generate ideas and encourage thoughtful architecture in Brisbane City and surrounds. Passionate about the profession she hopes that the competition dealing with public sites will help bolster the profession and encourage healthy debate and conversation about architecture within the wider public.
Chrisney Formosa holds a Bachelor of Architectural Design and a Master of Architecture from the Queensland University of Technology.
Key projects (at Plus Architecture)
· Tribune Street Student Accommodation, South Brisbane ($55m)
· Student Accommodation, Kensington Sydney (n/a)
· Anzac Parade Student Accommodation, Randwick Sydney (n/a)
· Topaz Apartments, Bowen Hills ($20m)
· Cintra Road Apartments, Bowen Hills ($3m)
· The One Apartments, West End ($30m)
· O’Connor Street Apartments, Tugun ($6m)
· Lutheran Aged Care Masterplan, Laidley ($15m)
· Lutheran Aged Care Development, Trinder Park ($35m)
· Uniting Care Aged Care Masterplan, Kingscliff (n/a)
· National Storage, Storage Centres Various Locations in New Zealand (varies)
· Reece Plumbing Warehouses, Various Locations in NSW and QLD (varies)
· Don Pancho Resort, Bargara QLD (n/a)
· Florence Street Apartment, Newstead QLD ($6m)
· Peak and Woodroffe Hotel and Apartments, Main Beach QLD ($25m)
· R&F Townhouse Masterplan and Design